Comments or questions are welcome! Please contact me (Colin) below:
Quotation of the Week:
My opinion is this: there are few things that educational science has brought to the classroom that could not already have been discerned by a competent teacher intent on teaching well after a few years of practice. (Tom Bennett, Teacher Proof)
- Reflections on BC’s proposed English 10-12 curriculum
- My response to Michael Fordham’s excellent post, “Is traditionalism [in education] right-wing?”
- Some comments on the Supreme Court education decision
- Choice and flexibility: some thoughts on the new curriculum
- Is a teacher’s knowledge tacit or just uncomfortable?
- The Politics of Curriculum
- Notes and commentary on Karl Polanyi’s The Great Transformation (Part 1)
- Finding Alternative Media
- The Basic #BCEd Statistics
- Reforming BC’s Scholarship Program?