Comments or questions are welcome! Please contact me (Colin) below:
Quotation of the Week:
Consumption is the sole end and purpose of all production; and the interest of the producer ought to be attended to only so far as it may be necessary for promoting that of the consumer. The maxim is so perfectly self-evident that it would be absurd to attempt to prove it. (Adam Smith, Wealth of Nations [IV.8.49])
- Mike Smyth is at it again!
- On the latest report card “innovation”
- Reflections on BC’s proposed English 10-12 curriculum
- My response to Michael Fordham’s excellent post, “Is traditionalism [in education] right-wing?”
- Some comments on the Supreme Court education decision
- Choice and flexibility: some thoughts on the new curriculum
- Is a teacher’s knowledge tacit or just uncomfortable?
- The Politics of Curriculum
- Notes and commentary on Karl Polanyi’s The Great Transformation (Part 1)
- Finding Alternative Media