Comments or questions are welcome! Please contact me (Colin) below:
Quotation of the Month:
“Back when we understood democracy to be a daring, fragile experiment, we invested vast educational and intellectual resources in spreading the good news about our political system. Schools and universities knew that their most important task was to educate citizens. Writers and academics recognized that they had a big role to play in explaining and defending the virtues of liberal democracy. Over the years, this sense of mission has dissipated. Now, as liberal democracy is facing existential danger, it is high time to revive it.”
- A few thoughts on returning to school in the age of Covid-19
- Decontenting & the Honour Roll
- Looming on the horizon: English Studies 12
- A Few Thoughts on BC’s Electoral Reform Ballot
- Curriculum must be a teacher’s ally, not a teacher’s foe.
- On the latest report card “innovation”
- Reflections on BC’s proposed English 10-12 curriculum
- Some comments on the Supreme Court education decision
- Choice and flexibility: some thoughts on the new curriculum
- Is a teacher’s knowledge tacit or just uncomfortable?