If anyone knows about “crony capitalism”, it’s David Stockman. Stockman was a Republican stalwart and budget director for Ronald Reagan who helped shape Reagan’s failed campaign of supply-side (or trickle-down) economics. In the following interview with Bill Moyers, Stockman discusses the fundamental corruption of the American politico-economic system. His assumptions are still quintessentially capitalist, but his insider’s analysis of America’s plutocracy is nevertheless fascinating.
Quotation of the Month
Ruth Ben-Ghiat: “The authoritarian playbook has no chapter on failure. Nothing prepares the ruler to see his propaganda ignored and his charismatic hold weaken until his own people turn against him.”
- A Review of Thinking Reading
- Humankind: A Hopeful History (by Rutger Bregman)
- Rosenshine’s Principles in Action
- Using Blogger for Online Learning
- A few thoughts on returning to school in the age of Covid-19
- Decontenting & the Honour Roll
- Looming on the horizon: English Studies 12
- A Few Thoughts on BC’s Electoral Reform Ballot
- Curriculum must be a teacher’s ally, not a teacher’s foe.
- On the latest report card “innovation”