If anyone knows about “crony capitalism”, it’s David Stockman. Stockman was a Republican stalwart and budget director for Ronald Reagan who helped shape Reagan’s failed campaign of supply-side (or trickle-down) economics. In the following interview with Bill Moyers, Stockman discusses the fundamental corruption of the American politico-economic system. His assumptions are still quintessentially capitalist, but his insider’s analysis of America’s plutocracy is nevertheless fascinating.
Quotation of the Month
Aldous Huxley: “The end cannot justify the means, for the simple and obvious reason that the means employed determine the nature of the ends produced.”
- Using Blogger for Online Learning
- A few thoughts on returning to school in the age of Covid-19
- Decontenting & the Honour Roll
- Looming on the horizon: English Studies 12
- A Few Thoughts on BC’s Electoral Reform Ballot
- Curriculum must be a teacher’s ally, not a teacher’s foe.
- On the latest report card “innovation”
- Reflections on BC’s proposed English 10-12 curriculum
- Some comments on the Supreme Court education decision
- Choice and flexibility: some thoughts on the new curriculum